Sunday, September 28, 2008

HexLite

Occasionally I'll give my opinion on a product, although I accept no monetary compensation for it. This one is for Tracie Fober's HexLite bars. It's fresh on my mind because I used it for the first time for ACL rehab.
If you've been reading my blog, you know I like to keep learning movement on an subconscious level when ever possible. If you're trying to teach an athlete to squat properly, this is a great tool. Because of the way the weight is distributed, the body has no choice but to do it by driving though the hips & legs. Even if you consciously attempt a torso dominant strategy, the body will self correct.
The HexLite is small & convenient enough that you're not married to the anterior sagittal plane. I included it in my rehab circuit and had the athlete monster walking forward, back, laterally, etc. It can handle over 200 lbs of plates and stores easily in the corner of your A.T. room. Even if you're like me and don't have one. The website is http://www.ironmaven.net/hexlite.html

No comments: