Friday, September 26, 2008

Don't be passive

A reader comments, "at $14400 for the GIFT program and $3600 for the GAIN program I think I'll have to rely on Joe to educate me!".
This blog is not an infomercial for any program. Don't imitate-innovate! I'm not smart enough to be Vern or Gary. Early in my career, I made the mistake of monkey-see-monkey -do. Athletic development should be athlete centered, not protocol centered.
What I'm getting at is it's not about money. Ask your school librarian if she could get Athletic Therapy Today or the Journal of the American College of Sports Medicine etc. added to the periodical list. But never stop learning. Don't become one of those people Tracie Fober spoke of in her blog. The type that like to place the name of their school that they graduated from 30 years ago after their signature. In the real world, nobody cares. It's "what have you done for me lately"- the quality of your work. If college & professional athletes that you had in high school are coming back to you for something their ATC or P.T. can't do for them, you know you are on to something.
Don't be passive- life is competitive and the stakes are too high.

No comments: