Friday, November 7, 2008

My work is cut out for me.


When Vern said we all would have to work harder, & transferring dreams into reality, he wasn't kidding. Here is my latest challange. This athlete had 2 traumatic left shoulder dislocations last month that required closed reductions. Take a look. Brachial plexus injury is obvious. He has active & passive IR/EX ROM deficits. Oh yeah- he is a wrestler.


No outside help here. Typical, the only P.T. who accepts his health inurance is too far away to be logistically practical for him or his parents. This is the trenches. But I wouldn't have it any other way.

1 comment:

JH said...

Joe,
I would be curious to see how his dislocations have effected his scapular positioning and movement.

Speaking of which, have you developed or seen a post op principle based shoulder program that starts at the scapula and thoracic spine instead of at the glenohumerous?